Friday, June 13, 2014

Return to Iraq?

Militant Islamists are retaking cities in Iraq seemingly overnight, it doesn't look like there are any signs of this slowing down any time soon and that's freaking a lot of people out. There are also a lot of military organizations demonstrating their frustration about the 4,000 + Soldiers, Marines, Sailors & Airmen who died while on their soil being lost in vain, and I don't blame them. Then, and maybe this is selfish of me, I can't help but reflect on my own experiences while I was deployed there toward the end of the conflict, I'm left to wonder what it was all for in the end? Was my suffering an near death really worth a chuck of dried up dirt and a few barrels of oil? 

And now some public officials are insisting that we go back there to stop their civil war.

I have only THIS to say in response, and I honestly don't care who I piss off in the process: 



Don't go all "FAUX NEWS - Bowe Bergdhal" on ME, my C.O.C were the ones who deliberately fucked up and left me to suffer: If your first thought is to call me a traitor, you can think that if you want to (it's not like I can stop you) but THEN you have to ALSO ask why rapists and their protecters are allowed to continue to wear a uniform with our flag on their right shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment